Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Job Hunting

I think most of us in telecom know that nowadays, jobs in telecom industry are lesser than ever before. A very few jobs are created & those are mostly filled internally. People internally change departments, they refer their close people for those etc. & so job is filled. Only few out of hundreds jobs need to be posted somewhere. Only public sector companies announce their jobs via newspapers. In Private sector, jobs are published on some job portals only in case the individual responsible for that job wants to. So, in this situation, to search for a job is not very easy task. Just want to share that jobs cannot be found on somewhere but can be hunted. There are few things required for job hunting:

v Just to be in contact with your class fellows.

v To be in contact with alumni.

v To be in contact with your faculty members.

v To be more and more social. Participate in technical gatherings, sessions, attend conferences, do more & more networking.

Now, coming to these points one by one. To be in contact with your class fellows is always helpful. Also, individuals working in different organizations can make a better social network. They can have better communication for information exchange, job information, helping each other in a better & right way.

Be in contact with alumni is helpful in long term. Normally, we do not prefer such linkages, I also thought the same, but this is totally a wrong perception. People regard each other. They become happy to help & guide each other. I can share a real life example that once I had chance to meet one of my seniors who just came back from UK after his Masters & joined a cellular company. Before going, I had never a chance of introduction. But, after he came back, once I sent an e-mail just mentioning that I am from his university; I was not expecting very warm response from his side as we didn’t know each other before but I was amazed to see his response. He was happy to know this that someone from his university asked him for guidance. He guided me about what I asked & even asked to send my CV to him so that he will try for my internship after my degree. I am sharing this example with you people that we do not consider these things seriously, also we think that what someone can do? Really, sometimes someone cannot do but not every time. People in such cases, regard others.

Faculty members are always helpful for their students mainly in their student life as student can get guidance from them, can discuss his / her interests with them & can get advice for his short term & long term plans.

Become a social player is much necessary this is the main purpose of networking. Networking must be one of the main options to get in & remain in the telecom industry. If we have strong network then we can get more & more chances to enter in industry, switching to better options. If anyone of you has got a chance of internship then do more & more networking. Always, try to be a good team player, help, regard & respect each other so that people discuss you with respect in your absence. These things work in long terms. Always remember that someone is always watching you during that time span & these minor things help much to get job.

The purpose to write this blog is only that job is not a very easy task but if we know to hunt a job then it is not a big deal.

May be this can be helpful for us. Whenever, I write something, I pray to Almighty ALLAH that maybe this can be useful for only a single one. Just pray to ALLAH for all & trust in HIM as HE listens each & everyone & delay in anything can be beneficial in long term. Keep sharing & your comments are awaited.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing job hunting.

    Please be update me in future for telecom jobs because i am also a job seeker.

    May you live long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Tariq! Be in contact here & on Yahoo group bs-telecom
    Multiple jobs are shared there. I hope you will find suitable job insha ALLAH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir I done Bs-Telecommunication last year didn't fined a job and internship too plz do some thing for me.
    talha bin fareed
    talhabinfareed@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete